Caribou is very important and special animal in the north, without the caribou the Inuit and other cultures wouldn’t be here. Caribou keeps us warm and heathly.While growing up north, watching my grandmother and mother sewing caribou clothes and other animal fur. I enjoy working on caribou fur cause caribou fur and also i enjoy eating caribou stew , dry and fried.
This is what i know but my mother and grandmother know how to work on the fur better than me, but the only way to learn is to keep trying .
First step is to catch a caribou out on the land and skin the fur to dry in the sun , and put small around the fur tell the skin is dry .
Go home and use two different tools a sharp and not to sharp , you start using the not to sharp tool and go around and start scraping the meat and fat of the fur , after that you do it twice and then water the fur with warm water little bit of flour and salt. Tide the fur with a rope into a ball then wait tell the next morning then take it part and then use the sharp tool to take more meat and fat off the fur. After that you use the not to sharp tool and go around and it makes it really soft then do it some more and do your designs and sew what you what to make like mitts, boots , parka and pants to keep you warm during the cold winter months. There is more to this but this is what i know, there are more to working on the skin but I enjoy working on caribou fur.
1) The main theme in this documentary was about education, on how to teach the american students about another culture or society. And the parents from the states didn’t what their children to learn about netsilik way of life.
2) I feel a big connection to the people from kugaaruk, most of the people who were film . I’m related to , and back then they were so young and some elders are gone now. And the people who did the film cause they travelled very far to do the film. They knew what was going on from another side of the world and most people from the states havent gone to kugaaruk and to Nunavut. I wish some americans to come and see how we live today but back then was even hard to live in . It was good that they film the people back then cause today we don’t live like that anymore and we lost some of our culture. Living up north we need to eat and hunt country food cause without country food we wouldnt be here today. The parents in the states didnt get what the film makers were trying to do , to let their children learn another culture then their own culture. We still live with some of our culture today. Our elders in the netsilik region still speak their language and do their skills. For me this was the best film i had ever seen and since i was small I been watching this films in school.So everyone has to still watch this netsilik films cause some day we are going to use the same culture and tools.
3) Todays world is very different from back then in 1922, today we still the netsilik people are still strong in talking our language and using the traditional values. But in my eyes I see we are losing our culture very fast, and I don’t what to see that happen to our children’s losing their culture. Our elders see a big different , today is 2011 and we live in houses and we have ski-doos and everything like the americans and we don’t complain about how the americans live and we live like them now. My dad is a netsilikmut and he still talks the language and go hunting. I feel that the people from kugaaruk were the best people in the world they said everything that was so true in like. Everybody is different in different ways and we all live different.
Thats what I say and feel about this i still have so much to say and writing but i have to go now talk to you guys later.
My expectations for the computer course to learn about computers and how to be a better teacher in the new future. I love learning about computers and how to use the computer properly. Since back in 2002 i took some courses here at the college i learn about computers and each year the computers are getting different and newer is getting more difficulty to understand the new models. Its going to be fun learning more about computers and by the time the computer course is done ill be more relaxed and more experience.
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.